Whole Heart Therapy
I am a native Californian who lived in the Midwest for over 25 years. I feel like I have blended the friendly nature of the Midwest people with the outdoor and healing orientation of Southern California. My favorite activity is walking on the beach especially at sunset.
I have had two distinct careers that in hindsight complemented each other. The first was in the corporate world as an organization development consultant focusing on leadership development, executive coaching, and company-wide cultural change initiatives.
I realized my passion was working with individual leaders, but I wanted to go deeper. So, I completed my masters’ degree in 2013 from the University of Kansas in social work and started a psychotherapy private practice called Mindful Counseling LLC in Overland Park, Kansas. In that practice, I specialized in working with children and families using play therapy.
I yearned to come back home to California and in 2019 my dream materialized. In California, I started Whole Heart Therapy to offer psychotherapy; with additional training in Brainspotting, sexual assault crisis intervention, and as a registered yoga teacher expanding my focus using somatic approaches for deeper healing for all ages.
My psychotherapy practice specializes in anxiety, depression, difficulty with focus, childhood developmental trauma, and sexual trauma.
You may choose to seek deep healing through psychotherapy or increase your relationship with your body through yoga. Your choice, all to offer healing and wholeness.
Education - Licenses - Certifications
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in California (#94160), Arkansas, (#10241-C), Kansas (#4864) and Missouri (#2019038260)
- Certification in Play Therapy (over 1,000 hours of training)
- Certification in Brainspotting
- 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher
- Certifications in Mindul Self-Compassion and Tele-Mental Health
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Yoga Alliance
Sexual Assault Victim Advocate - Waymakers of Orange County